A meditation on klavierwerke thru a 'studio as insrument' lens. All music recorded on one-track cassette, played on a refurbished vintage Ludwig at the Bless House studio. For Bubbie.
1) time-stretched piano chords
2) free improv
4) 7-second cassette loop
5) prepared piano cassette loop
6) prepared piano cassette loop run backwards
7) two hands recorded separately, blindly
8) meta-recorded until the resonant frequencies take over, cheap homage to Alvin Lucier's "i am sitting in a room"
released January 1, 2011
Opening (from Glassworks) by composed Philip Glass
Mikrokosmos 61 by Bela Bartok